Sunday 14 October 2012

Lil's Gig Guide for the Remainder of 12' and early 13'









So my Gig Guide is looking pretty booked out!

Last weekend I attended the beautiful and serene set of Clare Bowditch at a little old vintage Hall in Bangalow - so beautiful that I've decided I want to get married there, despite my lack of groom (Northern Rivers, NSW).
Her performance was so exquisite and moving that it may have led me to tears (on more than one song!) After that amazing concert it got me thinking of all the other gigs I am yet to visit...


First up is the whimsical Mumford & Sons who will serenading me on WEDNESDAY night at the beautiful River Stage

Second is the legendary Black Keys, who are playing at the convention centre on October 26th (so close, I can hardly bear it!)


After an action packed October, comes a rather quiet November... but December does not fail it disappoint 

On December 1st I am off to the Brisbane Convention Centre to see the wonderful Missy Higgins with special guests Gurrumul and Emma Louise!

After Christmas with the Family at home, we then quickly head off to Woodford Folk Festival! This will be my first Woodford ever, so I'm pretty excited. With the line up yet to be announced I am itching to find out - and fast!

With Woodford coming to a close on the first of January, a mere 6 days later its off to one of my favourite Brissy venues the Tivoli to see some Irish lads that make up Two Door Cinema Club with special guests The Vaccines and The Jungle Giants

If that's not enough to tucker me out, my final gig is The Big Day Out which is on at The Gold Coast Parklands later in January. I am wetting my pants with excitement due to its amazing line up, consisting of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, The Killers, Alabama Shakes and Band of Horses just to name a few.

So that's it - the rest of my year is looking pretty damn good :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment